Give Back to School
The OBA has been of great support to the school. Most importantly, plenty of scholarships have been instituted by various batches for the economically weak yet achievers in academics and sports.
- The old students of Malayalam medium donated an RO Plant worth 1.4 lakhs. Mr. ArunMammen , Managing Director, MRF Ltd. and also the President of our school OBA, inaugurated the RO Plant on October 12, 2017 in the presence of Mr. M. M. Rajendran, IAS and Former Governor of Odisha. They also contributed 1 lakh rupees toward school development.
- The 1967 batch constructed a Rest room for the girls with incinerator installed, donated a microphone with speaker system & installed Matthias Shield for quiz competition to be conducted by the batch every year with 1 lakh corpus fund. They also planted tree samplings in the school campus.
- It was a very benevolent gesture by the 1988 batch to enhance the amount towards the 1988 Batch Scholarship.
- Mr. Siva from the 1972 Batch is sponsoring for the higher education of Master Muthukumaran, the school topper for the year 2016-17 in the 12th board exams.
- The elegant double dial street clock mounted on the front wall of the new Miller Hall was donated by the 1959 batch students. It was inaugurated on October 11, 2017 by Mr. Manivanan, President of P.ORR & Sons. The clock costs around 1.5 lakhs. It was designed and fabricated by P.O RR & Sons. This batch also supports an academically good but economically weak student who wishes to pursue medical, engineering or Chartered Accountancy.
- The 1992 Batch who celebrated their Silver Jubilee this year, contributed an amount of Rs.2,00,000/- towards The 1992 Batch Silver Jubilee Dr. Clement Felix Memorial Fund.
- Dubai OBA has contributed Rs.1,40,000/- for buying a Smart Board for the school.
By the initiation of Mr. Prabu Raj from the 1988 batch, KarurVvsya Bank contributed a sum of Rs. 2,20,000/- towards the remodeling of the Shuttle Badminton Court.