Rev.George James Laurie and Rev Mathew Bowie, arrived in Madras & opened MCC school at St.Andrew's Kirk in June 1835.
The emblem of our school has a Cross signifying God's divine Sacrifice towards humanity and the Anchor thereof symbolizes Hope.
The Crest with fingers pointing upwards is the Blessing of the church upon us.
Before an important battle,christ appeared to contantine the Great(AD 274-337),the first Christian emperor of Rome with the sign 'IN HOC SIGNO VINCE'
meaning "IN THIS SIGN CONQUER".
Thus,it became the colophon of MCC.The Education imparted here,is not only for temporal life,but also for eternity.